In B2B sales, the success in deal closing is largely determined by the actions and behavior of sales people. A report by HubSpot shows that 50% of deals are closed by sales agents who respond fast. The sales process, especially in the B2B space, is not as easy as it sounds. As a matter of fact, successful deal closing is a product of many factors.
These include skillful proposals, interested prospects, empathy, rapport between sales reps and prospects, product or service features and negotiation. With 44% of sales reps giving up on leads after following them up just one time, how can salespeople close more deals? Technological innovations today make it possible for salespeople to communicate with prospects, share information and even schedule meetings in just minutes.
In this article, we explore 8 sales tools that each B2B sales person needs to have to sell and close more deals.
#1. LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator
With more that 562 million registered users, LinkedIn is the world’s leading professional network. This means that the site provides salespeople with numerous opportunities to get quality leads. But beyond this, LinkedIn offers numerous tools that sales reps can use to close deals. One popular tool available on this network is the Sales Navigator.
The best thing about this tool is that it makes it easy for sales reps to find leads and prospect in various ways including:
- Providing an advanced search that sales reps can use to identify the most relevant leads
- Tracking market opportunities
- Providing a dashboard for tracking social selling outcomes
- Allowing salespeople to connect with other LinkedIn members through the InMail feature
- Providing timely sales updates for both prospects and existing customers
Sales Navigator makes it easy for salespeople to structure their sales workflow. The tool has a free trial version that salespersons can sign up for to see how well it works then determine whether to purchase the Professional Edition – even if they have not used LinkedIn for sales before.
If a B2B company has sales teams working remotely, having one-on-one meetings can be a challenge. This is where Zoom comes in handy. This web conferencing tool makes it easy for sales teams working in different locations to connect in an interesting and productive way. Zoom is great when it comes to enhancing communication among sales teams that are geographically dispersed.
B2B companies can use this tool for internal sales team’s meetings and meetings with other departments that work closely with the sales department such as marketing, customer service and finance. Zoom is a great tool to use with customers too. If scheduling physical meetings with high value customers is proving to be a challenge, B2B sales teams can propose video conferencing to accelerate the sales process and close deals.
Some key features that make Zoom a great tool for sales closure include:
- Presence of both audio and HD video
- Availability of streamlined calendar
- Recording and transcription capabilities
- In-built collaboration tools
- Team chat functions
- Feedback tools – including chat and polls
- Virtual backgrounds
This tool is a customer relationship management (CRM) that has been built into Gmail to enable sales people keep their sales pipelines moving. With Streak, sales reps can use Gmail to manage all their deals without interrupting their work flows. The tool comes with numerous useful features including:
- Capabilities to edit and add information’s as well as collaborate with other people
- A simple filter and data grouping feature that enables salespeople to identify challenges fast.
- Outgoing mail tracking capabilities including notifications on where, how and when emails are viewed
- Providing feedback on the kind of emails prospects respond to
- Keeping all emails plus attachments for each customer neatly in a central place
Streak comes with read receipt and sidebar features that make it easy for sales reps to view customized details they need when they open emails.
For sales teams that need to collaborate, work and close deals faster. A highly intuitive and intelligent shared space, Slack makes it possible for sales reps to mainstream communication, stay organized and have real-time conversations. What makes Slack a-must have tool for salespeople is its ability to index and save conversations. Whether a salesperson wants to follow up or significant deal or nurture new leads, Slack makes it easy.
Some key stuff that sales teams can achieve with Slack include:
- Access automated alerts and sales data
- Organize and share collective work knowledge
- Boost the speed with which leads are contacted
- Access and share information from and with different departments
- Provide more ways to identify sales opportunities
- Reduce the number of emails sent
- Avoid sending duplicate emails
#5. Google Drive
This is one of the most common file-sharing tools available in the market today. An easy-to-use and accessible tool, Google Drive makes it easy for salespeople to collaborate, create files, share information and use third party applications to close deals online. Some apps that Google Drive integrates with include CloudLock to extra security and DocuSign for signing documents digitally.
Other benefits that sales teams enjoy when they use Google Drive for document sharing include:
- Control over how files are shared and who views them – users have the option of keeping files private or sharing and limiting editing rights
- Effective search function that makes document retrieval much easier
- Team collaboration in editing documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Easy access to documents – anytime and from anywhere
- Ability to roll back to previous document versions even after changes have been made
- Automatic document back-up
Salesmate is an Integrated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software that provides salespersons with features to fast-track the selling process including sale automation, acceleration and automation. With this web-based tool, sales teams are able to manage sales pipelines and identify more leads. When it comes with deal management, this enables B2B sales teams to:
- Forecast deals accurately
- Control the sales pipeline
- Increase sales velocity
- Quickly push deals through the sales pipeline
- Spot stalled deals
- Be notified of upcoming visits
This tool also enables sales managers to create automated workflows so that they can keep tabs on new leads, assign those leads to individual salespeople, schedule and assign follow ups and track lead conversions. Most importantly, Salesmate comes with additional features that make it a powerful tool when it comes to helping sales teams sell more. These include:
- A visually appealing sales pipeline
- Comprehensive sales reports
- Automated deal creation
#7. Dropbox Business
It is virtually impossible for sales teams to close deals when they are not to access and share the necessary documents with their best leads in a timely manner. To complete the sales process, sales teams need to have all the documents organized and accessible from a central location. Dropbox Business makes it possible for B2B companies to do exactly this.
This sales tool comes with unique features that salespersons need to close deals. The software allows B2B sales teams to access, edit and even approve critical documents from any location anytime and using any device without experiencing technical hitches. With this tool, sales teams don’t have to worry about accessing documents as Dropbox Business makes offline document access possible.
Dropbox Business integrates well with applications that are useful in deal closure. These include DocuSign, Zoom, Slack, Adobe Document Cloud and Salesforce. Sales teams can use the tool to:
- Prospect through sharing links that carry custom branding
- Pitch to customers by sharing marketing materials and pitch desks
- Deal closing by editing proposals and finalizing contracts easily and with speed through shared folders.
This sales tool enables B2B companies to empower their sales reps with everything they need to meet sales goals. One feature that causes the tool to stand out is the lead management feature that is designed to attract prospects, nurture them before they are delivered to the sales teams for deal closing. Marketo’s lead management feature nurtures best lead by:
- Generating top-of-the-funnel activity through in and outbound campaigns
- Promoting lead conversion using progressive forms and landing pages
Marketo is also designed to drive sales by improving engagement between sales and marketing teams. It comes with email, document and website tracking tools that make it possible for sales teams to monitor engagements while providing them with actionable data to enable them make informed decisions. The tool integrates well with third-party tools including Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce to enable sales reps’ close deals with ease.
B2B sales can be difficult. However, with the right tool, sales teams can outsmart the competition to close numerous deals. There are numerous sales tools that B2B companies can use to close sales. When acquiring one for your sales team, it is important to ensure that you find one that offers you the features and results you need to grow your company’s sales pipeline in the long run. The eight tools discussed above will help you get started on the right footing and ensure that your sales team has everything they need to close deals fast.
Limecall is a callback software that provides personal one-on-one conversations with your prospects that you can turn into qualified leads. It’s employees are available 24/7 to answer any questions from the visitors of your site in order to maintain their attention and to get the answers as soon as possible. This tool also has a widget that offers free calls to the visitors within 30 seconds of the question, and if they wish, they can schedule the call for some other time that suits them. The Starter Plan is free, and then the prices begin to range from $35/mo depending on the number of calls and the engaged call operators.